Credit: Heisenberg Media/Flickr
OpenAI is a non-profit artificial intelligence organisation backed by Elon Musk Y Combinator’s Sam Altman, Peter Thiel and many others and they have teamed up with Microsoft to tackle some of the challenges that still remain in this rapidly advancing field, reports TechCrunch.
OpenAI will run large-scale experiments on the software giant's Azure cloud platform. OpenAI were attracted to the Azure platform because of its open source tools and its computation-boosting Batch and machine learning capabilities. The partnership will also allow OpenAI to be an early adopter of Microsoft's GPU-based Azure N-series virtual machines which Microsoft say will become generally available in December.
"Through this partnership, Microsoft and OpenAI will advance their mutual goal to democratize AI, so everyone can benefit.", a Microsoft spokesperson told TechCrunch.
The software giant also said "Microsoft Research researchers will partner with researchers at OpenAI to advance the state of AI and OpenAI will use Microsoft Azure and Microsoft‘s N-series hardware for their future research and development, and explore tools such as Microsoft’s Cognitive Toolkit for their research.".
In addition to this partnership, Microsoft are also making an announcement about a new Azure Bot Service. This will enable software developers to speed up the development of bots within the confines of the the Microsoft Bot Framework and manage them in a serverless Azure environment. It is also cost effective because it ensures that you only pay when your bot is actually being used.
Check out the video to hear about the future of AI and the Microsoft and OpenAI partnership.
Check these out too:
- This AI Startup Has Worked Out A Way To Clone Your Voice! [Video]
- Now Anyone Can Use Google's Image Recognition AI [Video]
- The Most Advanced Surveillance System I Have Ever Seen! [Video]
- AI Can Now Diagnose Heart Disease With Cardiologist-Level Accuracy! [Video]
- Google Releases Object Detection Technology That Powers Nest Cam, Image Search And Street View - For Free!
- Find Out What Facebook Thinks Are In Your Photos
- Facebook Would Like To Teach You How Artificial Intelligence Works
- Listen To This This Nightmarish Attempt At A Christmas Carol By Artificial Intelligence