Have you ever typed something into Chrome and then have it suggest a URL to a website that you have misspelt? Or maybe, when you type the first few letters into the search bar, it suggests a website that you've previously looked at because it shares the same few letters with the site that you're actually interested in?
Well, this has happened to me recently. Let me give you an example.
I have recently looked into my ad settings which is basically a tool provided by Google to help you manage ads that you are presented with, personalize them and specify the topics that you're interested in.
However, after looking at this site once (or maybe a few times), I get presented with the the ad settings URL every time I wish to look at my Adsense portal.
Also, if you've ever misspelt a URL before (like www.facbook.com), or added an extra character to the end of it (like www.facebook.com/#), then Chrome will keep that URL there and if you're not paying attention, you could end up on an entirely different website than you intended.
Luckily, there's a solution to this and Chrome provides a very easy way to remove unwanted URLs from the auto complete in the search box.
How To Delete Saved URLs In Google Chrome
1. First of all, type the first few letters of the URL that you want to delete into the search bar and Chrome should suggest the wrong URL.
2. Make sure that the URL is highlighted, then press Shift + Delete if you're on a Windows machine, or if you're a MAC user, then it's Fn + Shift + Delete. This will remove the unwanted suggestion.
There you go it's as simple as that, just a two-step process, but it has definitely come in handy for me on more than one occasion. I hope it will help you too, especially if you're prone to fat finger syndrome ;)
Check these out too:
- How to Boost Your 5GHz WiFi Signal (A helpful guide)
- How To Restart Using CMD - Simple And To The Point
- How To Listen To Youtube With Your Phone Screen Turned Off [EASIEST Method]
- How To Use The Chrome Color Picker - No Extensions Required!
- How To Hide Your Email Address on Facebook 2018
- How To Build An Android App From Scratch – No Experience Necessary!
- How To Export Emails In Microsoft Outlook
- How To Copy And Paste In CMD (Windows Command Prompt)