I came across an awesome trick you can do with Chrome recently that I thought I would share with you guys.
Basically, in a nutshell it enables you to restart Chrome in a single click.
So why would want to do this?
Well you've probably realised by now if you're a Chrome user that its eats memory like there's no tomorrow. And sometimes it gets to the point where your system grinds to a halt, especially if you've got loads of tabs open.
So you've probably got your own way of restarting Chrome, such as closing the browser and clicking on the icon again to launch.
But I've got a quicker way.
All you have to do is type the following into the address bar and hit enter:
Boom! Your browser has restarted itself!
How to restart with one click
If you find your computer slows down regularly and you're always restarting your browser, you might want to add the above command as a bookmark.
To do that press CTRL+D if you use Windows or CMD+D if you're a Mac user.
Next click the Edit button and add "chrome://restart" to the URL field and give the bookmark a name such as "Restart Chrome".
Finally, click save to save your restart Chrome bookmark.
So there you go, a quick and easy way to restart Chrome to free some RAM when it starts to hog memory.
Want to know what other hidden Chrome pages are available? Just type in "chrome://chrome-urls" into the address bar to find out.
Get ultra fast VPN from IPVanish VPN
- 40,000+ IPs on 950+ servers in 60+ countries
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere without restrictions
- Encrypt and anonymize your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Keep your online presence and information private
- Prevent ISP throttling and spying
- Prevent getting hacked while on public WiFi
- Unlimited bandwidth
- OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- 256-bit AES encryption
- User-friendly apps for all of your devices
- 7 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support