Draugen is an oil field in the Norwegian Sea at a sea depth of 250 meters. Its is around 150 km north of Kristiansund and the fields operator is A/S Norske Shell (Shell).
Production on the field began in October 1993. When Draugen started production in 1993, the field had an estimated life between 17 and 20 years and an estimated recovery rate of under 40%. Draugen has since more than doubled its recoverable reserves, increased production, and is now one of the largest Norwegian fields with the highest recovery rate of around 70%.
Check out the pictures and video below of this incredible feat of engineering!
Photo credit: John L Downes
Get ultra fast VPN from IPVanish VPN
- 40,000+ IPs on 950+ servers in 60+ countries
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere without restrictions
- Encrypt and anonymize your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Keep your online presence and information private
- Prevent ISP throttling and spying
- Prevent getting hacked while on public WiFi
- Unlimited bandwidth
- OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- 256-bit AES encryption
- User-friendly apps for all of your devices
- 7 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support