The WannaCry ransomware that hit organisations across the world recently was unprecedented.
The malicious software (malware) hit the National Health Service (NHS) here in the UK Telefónica in Spain and computers across Russia, the Ukraine and Taiwan.
Computers and data being locked up, encrypted and held for ransom.
The WannaCry ransomware, also as WannaCrypt, WanaCrypt0r, WCrypt or WCRY is as the name suggests a type of ransomware.
The malware basically takes something of value to you such as your files, documents, photos etc) and encrypts them, which basically means they become scrambled until they become unintelligible nonsense. The ransomware then demands a payment in the form of Bitcoin to get them back to their original state.
The internet is filled with lot's of information about WannaCry but there's a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of it is beyond the reach of the layman as the information tends to be jammed packed with acronyms, buzzwords and jargon.
That's why I've created an Infographic which will provide you with some facts about this devastating piece of malware.
Enjoy, and please share!
Share this infographic on your site.
Get ultra fast VPN from IPVanish VPN
- 40,000+ IPs on 950+ servers in 60+ countries
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere without restrictions
- Encrypt and anonymize your traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Keep your online presence and information private
- Prevent ISP throttling and spying
- Prevent getting hacked while on public WiFi
- Unlimited bandwidth
- OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- 256-bit AES encryption
- User-friendly apps for all of your devices
- 7 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support